In general, employers look for software engineer candidates with strong skills in software design, complicated systems analysis, software development life cycle experience, and expertise in low level computer languages such as C, C++, and CPU specific machine language code like assembler.
In today's job market, a significant number of software engineer positions are lean to designing and developing enterprise business management systems. In this case, your resume should present strong experience in the following areas:
- RDBMS database
- System architecture
- Object oriented design
- Software development methodology
- Software project life-cycle
- Design patterns.
Software Engineer Resume Sample
Kyle H. LandenSUMMARY
Software Engineer Powered by J2EE Technology
• Experienced in large scale enterprise system planning, architecture, design, and development life-cycle.
• Proven expertise in designing and developing enterprise software systems in J2EE technology and Microsoft .NET framework.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in object oriented design, software development methodology, and software design patterns.
• Extensive experience in planning, installing, configuring, and administering RDBMS database servers in Windows and Sun Solaris UNIX environment.
• Self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills.
• Proven ability to deliver high quality software products on schedule and under budget.
• Experience in software development project management and team leadership.
Software Engineer 4/2003 – Present
Benmark Technologies Inc., Reno, NV
• Led the design and development for a automobile service customer relationship management (CRM) software built on Java/J2EE technology.
• Used Rational Rose to architect and design software system with UML such as use case, sequential diagram, class diagram, and implementation diagram.
• Adopted Rational Unified Process (RUP) for software development life-cycle management.
• Designed and developed Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) for implementing business logic in BEA WebLogic application server middle tier.
• Applied J2EE design patterns to improve software system's scalability, extensibility, and object reusability.
Database Analyst 2/2000 – 4/2003
Quicdata Solutions, LLC., Mesa, AZ
• Managed Oracle database instances, monitored server performance, tuned the database server and applications, and performed backup and recovery. Provided consulting solutions to various clients in database design, database server configuration, data warehouse implementation, server performance tuning, and application tuning.
Programmer 5/1998 – 2/2000
Dynamic Systems International, Los Angles, CA
• Coded 8080 assembler for data acquisition and motion control in particle distribution analysis instruments.
• Programmed C and Fortran codes for computer simulation modeling and numerical analysis in dust distribution and transformation research.
• J2EE technology and Microsoft .NET framework
• C, C++, Java, EJB, SQL, JSP, XML, UML
• Rational Rose, Boland Together, JBuilder
• Rational Unified Process (RUP) and J2EE design patterns
• UNIX (Sun Solaris, HP-UX, Linux) and Microsoft Windows2000 & XP Server
• RDBMS database Oracle and IBM DB2
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Sun Certified Java Programmer in 1.2 Platform
• Self-study courses for Sun Certified Enterprise Architect Certification (SCEA)
• B.S. in Engineering, California State University, Burbank, CA