Steve C. Bender
PMI Certified Project Manager with 5+ Years IT Experience
• Extensive experience in managing enterprise IT project life cycle
through all phases.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in cost management, time management,
risk management, and integration management.
• Experienced in IT project budget analysis, outsourcing strategies, and
• Experience in project oversight and independent validation & verification
• Strong technical background in systems architecture, database design, and
• Solid skills in writing proposals, biding projects, and winning
• Proven ability to deliver high quality IT products and services on schedule and
• Excellent interpersonal skills in communications, client relations, and
Project Manager 2/2002 – Present
Benchmark Solutions Inc., Woodland, CA
• Manage software system development and integration projects through
all phases of project life cycle - analysis, design, development, testing,
implementation, and post-production support.
• Write proposals in response to RFP and win new contracts from State
of California and private business sectors. Manage multiple contracts and
negotiate new teams for contract extension.
IV&V Specialist 3/2000 – 2/2002
Quality Systems Inc., Davis, CA
• Performed project oversight for independent review and analysis of a
agency wide IT systems integration project. Applied project management
knowledge and expertise to gauge system performance and assess risk. Provided
stakeholders with project status and outlook for success, and recommend project
Project Lead / Systems Analyst 10/1997 – 3/2000
Legacy Global Services, LLC., Folsom , CA
• Project lead for a client/server application developed with Visual
Basic and Oracle database. Participated in project and planning,
budgeting, and requirement analysis. Documented functional and technical
specifications. Worked with database team in database design and data
• Team leader for QA testing. Developed testing plans and
procedures for unit test, system test, and acceptance test. Created Perl
testing scripts to automatic application interface testing.
TECHNICAL AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS
• RDBMS - Oracle, SQL Server Sybase ASE, IBM DB2
• UNIX operating systems (Sun, HP-UX, Linux), Novell NetWare, and Windows
2000 & XP server.
• LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, IPX/SPX.
• Client/Serve and web based software architecture, design, and integration.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• PMI Certified Project Management Professional
• Information Technology Project Management Master's Certification Program -
Project Management College.
B.S. in Management Science, California State University, Sacramento, CA