Here are seven important cover letter writing tips:
- Address the individual by name. If you don’t know their name then use: “Dear Sir or Madam” or “Dear Human Resources Director”.
- Attract attention with a strong opening paragraph. Create impact. Give them a reason to keep reading about you.
- Refer to your enclosed resume. Be specific in describing your skills, experience and accomplishments. Use actual examples of things you’ve done.
- Let the employer know what you can do for them. What can you bring to their organization?
- Keep the letter’s tone of voice positive and professional. Be persuasive but don’t come off like a cheap used car salesman. Remember to ask for the interview!
- Double check your spelling, grammar, and sentence structure. Have someone proofread the letter.
- Sign your letter and keep a copy for your files.
by Donna Monday
Donna Monday writes employment related articles for http://www.get-a-job-interview-quick-tips.com.