IT manager is an advanced position with no entry level opportunities. IT manager positions are usually filled by promotions from business analyst, systems analyst, systems administrator, or other IT job with at least 3 years IT experience.
A wining IT manager resume should demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Strategic IT and business planning
- IT infrastructure design and implementation
- IT System architecture
- System/software/database life-cycle
- Project management methodologies
- Enterprise system deployments
- Budget development and management
- Contract negotiations and management
- Cost/time/change management
- System integration planning and implementation
- Data center management
The following resume example demonstrates a job seeker's pursuit in IT management field.
IT Manager Resume Sample
John Z. FreemanSUMMARY
Offering 5+ Years IT Management Experience
• Extensive experience in management of data center operations, network systems, and application development.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in information technology infrastructure planning, capacity analysis, and system implementation.
• Solid skills in database administration and network administration in large scale enterprise environment.
• Experience in web application system integration and e-business solutions.
• Detail oriented manager with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
IT Manager 8/2000 – Present
ABC Insurance Group, Woodland, WA
• Data Center Manager: Manages corporate RDBMS data center operated on Oracle Enterprise Server and HP-UX Unix operating system platform. Developed strategic plan for data center operation and capacity expansion. Oversees database administration and network administration.
• Telecommunications Manager: Managed enterprise-wide telecommunications facilities and support team. Planned and designed corporate call center infrastructure. Managed outsourced consulting team for telecommunication system installation, configuration, and implementation.
• System Integration Management: Managed business process re-engineering project for corporate financial management system integration between mainframe legacy system and web based J2EE platform. Managed systems development team to migrate legacy data from ADABAS to Oracle RDBMS.
Systems Analyst 2/1999 – 8/2000
Greentree Financial Services Inc., Seattle , WA
• Project lead for a financial analysis and reporting system development. Responsible for project planning, requirement analysis, and technical specification.
• Worked as team leader in database design. Constructed entity relationship diagram (ERD) for data modeling. Documented logical database design and physical database design.
• Worked with IT management team in developing database backup and recovery plan and corporate network and internet security policy.
TECHNICAL AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS
• RDBMS - Oracle, Sybase, DB2, data warehousing and data mining.
• UNIX operating systems (Sun, HP-UX, Linux), Novell NetWare, and Windows 2000 & XP server.
• LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, IPX/SPX.
• IT infrastructure planning and management.
• Enterprise data center and telecommunications management.
• Security policy and management.
• B.S. in MIS, Washington State University, Seattle, WA