(4) integration and test,
(5) implementation, and
(6) operations and maintenance.
Project oversight and IV&V (independent validation and verification) are also important IT project management task areas.
In the trend of IT outsourcing, many project managers work for consulting firms for providing IT project management service to various clients. Currently there are more and more IT project manager opportunities with IT and technical consulting companies.
To make your IT project manager resume a big winner, you resume must demonstrate the following strengths:
(1) IT project life cycle experience.
(2) Ability to write proposals for bidding to win new contracts.
(3) Skills to develop and enhance customer and client relationship.
IT project manager position usually require some experience thus there is rarely entry level opportunity available. However, IT professionals with 2 years experience could be promoted to project manager position.
Two project management certification are very helpful:
- PMI Certified Project Management Professional
- IT Project+
IT Project Manager Resume Sample
Steve C. BenderSUMMARY
PMI Certified Project Manager with 5+ Years IT Experience
• Extensive experience in managing enterprise IT project life cycle through all phases.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in cost management, time management, risk management, and integration management.
• Experienced in IT project budget analysis, outsourcing strategies, and contract management.
• Experience in project oversight and independent validation & verification (IV&V).
• Strong technical background in systems architecture, database design, and network administration.
• Solid skills in writing proposals, biding projects, and winning contracts.
• Proven ability to deliver high quality IT products and services on schedule and under budget.
• Excellent interpersonal skills in communications, client relations, and negotiation.
Project Manager 2/2002 – Present
Benchmark Solutions Inc., Woodland, CA
• Manage software system development and integration projects through all phases of project life cycle - analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post-production support.
• Write proposals in response to RFP and win new contracts from State of California and private business sectors. Manage multiple contracts and negotiate new teams for contract extension.
IV&V Specialist 3/2000 – 2/2002
Quality Systems Inc., Davis, CA
• Performed project oversight for independent review and analysis of a agency wide IT systems integration project. Applied project management knowledge and expertise to gauge system performance and assess risk. Provided stakeholders with project status and outlook for success, and recommend project improvements.
Project Lead / Systems Analyst 10/1997 – 3/2000
Legacy Global Services, LLC., Folsom , CA
• Project lead for a client/server application developed with Visual Basic and Oracle database. Participated in project and planning, budgeting, and requirement analysis. Documented functional and technical specifications. Worked with database team in database design and data modeling.
• Team leader for QA testing. Developed testing plans and procedures for unit test, system test, and acceptance test. Created Perl testing scripts to automatic application interface testing.
TECHNICAL AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS
• RDBMS - Oracle, SQL Server Sybase ASE, IBM DB2
• UNIX operating systems (Sun, HP-UX, Linux), Novell NetWare, and Windows 2000 & XP server.
• LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, IPX/SPX.
• Client/Serve and web based software architecture, design, and integration.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• PMI Certified Project Management Professional
• Information Technology Project Management Master's Certification Program - Project Management College.
• B.S. in Management Science, California State University, Sacramento, CA