Generally employers looks for web developer candidates with skills in one of the following technology areas:
- ASP programming with IIS administration
- JSP programming plus Java beans with middle tier server such as Tomcat
- Web application developed by PHP with mySQL
- Corporate portal development using portal tools from Microsoft (SharePoint), IBM (WebSphere Portal), BEA (WebLogic Portal), Oracle, Sybase, or open sources.
Web Developer Resume Sample
Mary L. PalmerSUMMARY
Experienced Web Developer Delivering eBusiness Solutions
• Extensive experience in ASP and ASP. NET web application development on Microsoft Windows server IIS platform.
• Solid skills in building e-commerce website using PHP with mySQL database.
• Experience in implementing content management systems to build portals and community websites.
• Experienced in configuring and managing Apache web server, IIS server, Tomcat servlet server, and JBoss application server.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in internet architecture and enterprise wide e-business solutions.
• Self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills.
• Proven ability to deliver high quality products and services on schedule and under budget.
• Experience in business analysis, project management, and team leadership.
Web Developer 4/2003 – Present
Parastone Systems Inc., Redington, FL
• Team leader for a web based inventory management system development project. Used JSP for data presentation and user interface; developed servlets and JavaBeans for business processing components, and implemented Microsoft SQL Server for backend data logic.
• Installed, configured, and administrated Apache Tomcat and JBoss application server as the web application's middle tier running on Sun Solaris OS. Planned and implemented multiple deployment environment for development, testing, and production.
e-Commerce Developer 3/2002 – 4/2003
eMarket Solutions Inc., North Beach, FL
• Designed and developed an e-Commerce website for an art supply retailer to sell products online with secured real time transaction. Used PHP to code the e-Commerce system with mySQL database to manage product category and customer data.
Programmer Analyst 8/1999 – 3/2002
Highland Health Group, Fairview, FL
• Responsible for design, develop, and test a in-house client/server application programmed in Microsoft Visual Basic with Access database.
Developed test plan, procedure, and scripts to allow QA staff to test application software functionality, data logic, and performance.
• ASP, VBScript, Visual Basic. Microsoft Visual Studio.
• Microsoft Windows, IIS, Apache web server, Tomcat, JBoss.
• RDBMS, SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Access, mySQL
• Microsoft Front Page, NetBeans, PHP Designer.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Microsoft Certified Professional in Visual Basic
• Advanced Microsoft Visual Basic Programming - Visual Systems Training Center
• B.A. in Public Administration, University of Florida, Miami, FL